Temporary resort closure from 30 Dec 20
The resort, including spa and health club, have closed temporarily in response to government restrictions. The Health Club closed on 4 Jan 21 as England entered a national lockdown.
A Covid-secure experience at St Michaels
Feel good again
When the situation allows, St Michaels Resort will re-open, operating within a Covid-secure plan, following guidance from the government and taking the utmost care to look after our guests and crew in the coming months.
As guidance shifts, our plan will evolve. Please check back regularly to know what to expect during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Michaels.
Speak to our reservations team
Our reservations team are now available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. If you have questions, observations or concerns please contact the team on 01326 312 707 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Michaels Resort has been certified as AA Covid-confident, and Covid-secure 'Good To Go' by Visit England.
Covid-secure operating plan
Version 3.4, published 21 Dec 2020
Your visit: our no-tears tier guide
This guidance relates to the December 2020 revised tier system in England, including Tier 4. Whilst we make every effort to update our guidance please refer to government guidance for the most up-to-date information.
TIER 4 (STAY AT HOME)
The government's ruling on Tier 4 areas is clear, you should be staying at home except for essential local journeys and a narrow range of exceptions. We regret that we are unable to accomodate any bookings from Tier 4 at this time.
If you live in a Tier 4 area and you have a booking with us, we will be in touch to assist you directly. If you do not hear from us, please get in touch at email@example.com.
TIER 3 (VERY HIGH)
We have taken the extremely difficult decision not to accept guests travelling from a Tier 3 area, following government advice recommending no overnight stays outside Tier 3 areas. We are sorry that you will be unable to visit St Michaels during the current restrictions, but look forward to seeing you soon.
If you live in Wales or a Tier 3 area and you have a booking with us, we will be in touch to assist you directly. If you do not hear from us, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIER 2 (HIGH, AND HIGHLY CONFUSING!)
If you are visiting from a Tier 2 area, there are a few tweaks to your experience which you should consider carefully, depending on who you plan to travel with:
If your booking is for more than one household bubble across multiple rooms, you will be welcome to stay but there will be restrictions, as below:
YOUR STAY, DINING & DRINKING
- you must practice social distancing at all times during your stay.
- multiple household bubbles must not mix indoors.
- you will be unable to enter the bedroom of another household bubble.
- multiple household bubbles will be seated separately for all meals and mixing will not be permitted.
- meals and drinks are available for room service at certain times, with a small surcharge.
- face coverings must be worn indoors at all times except when seated for meals and drinks.
HEALTH CLUB AND SPA USAGE
- Health Club and Spa use is permitted, with social distancing
- you will be unable to participate in exercise classes
Please contact us if we can help or clarify in any way. Where restrictions require you to change your booking, we will be happy to amend or transfer your booking to another date in the future*
TIER 1 (MEDIUM)
If you are visiting from an area in Tier 1, you should:
- observe the Rule of Six and practice social distancing at all times
- wear a face covering indoors unless seated for meals or drinks
In keeping with government restrictions, no drinks will be served after 10pm and bar/lounge and restaurant areas will close at 11pm each night. Room service will be limited and will close at 8pm. Spa and Health Club are open as normal in the resort, with safety restrictions.
* where changes to your booking are required, if the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Please contact us at email@example.com and one of the crew will be on hand to help.
No-fuss flexi bookings
72-hour & 14-day cancellation options
As we adapt to the uncertainties of Covid-19, we understand that plans are going to have to change occasionally. That’s why we’ve amended our booking policies to include no-fuss flexi bookings.
Further lockdowns? Your booking is safe.
If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment.
The new flexible rate
We have amended our flexible rate to give you even greater peace of mind.
- Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking
- Pay the balance 14 days prior to arrival
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund at least 72 hours prior to arrival
The new advance purchase rate
Our new advance purchase rate provides great savings and superb flexibility.
- Save up to 10% compared to the flexible rate
- Pay the full balance at the time of booking
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival
The benefits of booking direct
Book directly with St Michaels Resort to enjoy a transparent booking process with tangible benefits
- Best rate guaranteed
- Free welcome drinks voucher worth £10
- The chance to win back the cost of your stay
- No middlemen and only one set of clear terms & conditions
We continue to recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making your booking in case you need to cancel your forthcoming trip after the free cancellation period has elapsed.
Thinking of you
Our Covid-secure plan
We have devised a range of measures that will enable our dedicated crew to deliver the luxurious St Michaels experience in accordance with government guidelines while providing the greatest comfort and safety to our guests.
- Online check-in is available prior to arrival to minimise time at the reception desk
- Face coverings are mandatory in all public areas across the resort for guests and crew members, except when seated for food and drink or when using spa and Health Club facilities
- Guests enter via our wide recently-installed arrival lounge
- Guests may be allocated arrival timeslots during online check-in to minimise queuing
- The resort reception desk has been repositioned to enable social distancing
- One guest from each party will collect room keys from reception
- Sanitised keys will be presented in envelopes
- Social distancing floor and wall markers may be in place to assist guests
- If it becomes necessary, we are able to implement a one-way system across the resort
- Touch points across the resort and in rooms will be minimised and subject to regular cleaning
- One person at a time in toilets in resort public areas
- Housekeeping will be tailored to your requirements – for instance, it can be provided only on request, with fresh linens and towels left outside guestrooms, or alternatively our usual full service.
- Online check-out and final bills will be shared on your last night’s stay – allowing for any queries to be addressed by calling reception from your room
- With online check-out complete, keys may be returned to reception upon departure
- Every guest room is deep cleaned after each stay, while public areas and corridors will be sanitised throughout the day
- Room service is available at certain times
- Room service for the bar may also available
- Should restaurants not be able to open due to government restrictions, room service breakfast and dinner will be scheduled by room number
- Room service will be delivered under a cloche, to guestroom doors, with porters stepping back to maintain social distancing requirements
- Used crockery should be left outside room doors
Bar service and restaurant dining
- Restaurant and bar are open, for table service only. Please wear face covering until seated.
- Our bar and restaurant will close each evening in line with licensing restrictions issued by the government.
- Dining times will be scheduled to enable multiple sittings for greater social distancing.
- Reservations should be made ahead of time, together with your order.
- Our restaurant and event rooms has been combined to create a larger space with tables suitably distanced
- Staff have been trained to minimise contact.
- Information taken at time of reservation will be held in accordance with data guidance issued by the government and passed to NHS Test & Trace if required .
- All payments during your stay will be charged to your room bill.
- As part of online check-in, a pre-authorisation of £25 may be held on your credit or debit card.
- Final room bills will be available at online check-out on your last night’s stay.
- Any payments made in person should be electronic – cash is no longer accepted at the resort. We accept all major credit and debit cards and have no limit on Apple Pay contactless payment.
St Michaels Spa & Health Club
- These facilities will be made available in accordance with government guidelines, for pre-booked visits only, with strict capacities.
- We are currently unable to open certain facilities due to government guidelines. If you are unsure of current restrictions, please call ahead to discuss with our reservations crew.
- Changing rooms will be closed to hotel guests to enable social distancing; guests should use their in-room facilities.
- A booking system is being used to select your preferred timeslot while limiting total capacity of each facility.
Covid-secure crew customs
Priorities & procedures
Our usual procedures have been rebuilt from the ground up to ensure our crew delivers world-class service at all times, with improved hygiene levels a key practice.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards
- Hand Sanitisers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for crew and guest use.
- Back office crew are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all crew are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards
Hotel and spa bookings
Transferring existing resort bookings
Our terms and conditions set out the free cancellation periods for bookings made directly with St Michaels Resort. If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment.
Resort bookings falling within 2020 lockdowns
If you had a booking placed on hold during our periods of closure in 2020 we would be delighted to rearrange your stay. When booking new dates, if you are transferring to a lower rate than you have already paid, we will refund the difference. If you move your booking to a higher-rate period, you will need to pay the outstanding balance.
Existing spa bookings
If you had a Spa booking placed on hold during our period of closure, your booking can now be moved to any date with availability in the 24 months following your original booking. If we are unable to honour the new date, your booking will be transferred again.
If your event is coming up soon, please get in touch with our reservations team in the first instance.
During busy periods it may take us a short while to attend to your query. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or call 01326 312 707.