A Covid-secure experience at St Michaels
Time to feel good again
St Michaels Resort reopens on 4 July 2020 and we have a Covid-secure plan, following guidance from the government and taking the utmost care to look after our guests and crew in the coming months.
As we receive further guidance, the plan will evolve. Please check back regularly to know what to expect during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Michaels.
Speak to our reservations team
Our reservations team are now available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and 9am-6pm on weekends. If you have questions, observations or concerns please contact the team on 01326 312 707 or by email on email@example.com.
St Michaels Resort has been certified as AA Covid-confident, and Covid-secure 'Good To Go' by Visit England.
Covid-secure operating plan
Version 3.0, published 1 July 2020
No-fuss flexi bookings
72-hour & 14-day cancellation options
As we adapt to the uncertainties of Covid-19, we understand that plans are going to have to change occasionally. That’s why we’ve amended our booking policies to include no-fuss flexi bookings.
The new flexible rate
We have amended our flexible rate to give you even greater peace of mind.
- Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking
- Pay the balance 14 days prior to arrival
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund at least 72 hours prior to arrival
The new advance purchase rate
Our new advance purchase rate provides great savings and superb flexibility.
- Save up to 10% compared to the flexible rate
- Pay the full balance at the time of booking
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival
The benefits of booking direct
Book directly with St Michaels Resort to enjoy a transparent booking process with tangible benefits
- Best rate guaranteed
- Free welcome drinks voucher worth £10
- The chance to win back the cost of your stay
- No middlemen and only one set of clear terms & conditions
Further lockdowns? Your booking is safe.
Our terms & conditions are clear. If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Where new dates cannot be agreed, we will refund the full value of your cancelled stay.
We continue to recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making your booking in case you need to cancel your forthcoming trip after the free cancellation period has elapsed.
Thinking of you
Our Covid-secure plan
We have devised a range of measures that will enable our dedicated crew to deliver the luxurious St Michaels experience in accordance with government guidelines while providing the greatest comfort and safety to our guests.
- Online check-in will be available prior to arrival to minimise time at the reception desk
- Guests enter via our wide recently-installed arrival lounge
- Guests may be allocated arrival timeslots during online check-in to minimise queuing
- The resort reception desk has been repositioned to enable social distancing
- One guest from each party will collect room keys from reception
- Sanitised keys will be presented in envelopes, together with welcome email/letters explaining our new hygiene measures and room service menus
- Social distancing floor and wall markers may be in place to assist guests
- If it becomes necessary, we are able to implement a one-way system across the resort
- Touch points across the resort and in rooms will be minimised and subject to regular cleaning
- One person at a time in toilets in resort public areas
- Housekeeping will be tailored to your requirements – for instance, it can be provided only on request, with fresh linens and towels left outside guestrooms, or alternatively our usual full service.
- Online check-out and final bills will be shared on your last night’s stay – allowing for any queries to be addressed by calling reception from your room
- With online check-out complete, keys may be returned to reception upon departure
- Every guestroom is deep cleaned after each stay, while public areas and corridors will be sanitised throughout the day
- Room service is available without tray charge for breakfast and dinner
- Room service for the bar is also available
- Should restaurants not be able to open due to government restrictions, room service breakfast and dinner will be scheduled by room number
- Room service will be delivered under a cloche, to guestroom doors, with porters stepping back to maintain social distancing requirements
- Used crockery should be left outside room doors
- Dining times will be scheduled to enable multiple sittings for greater social distancing
- Reservations should be made ahead of time, together with your order
- Our restaurant and event rooms has been combined to create a larger space with tables suitably distanced
- Staff have been trained to minimise contact.
- All payments during your stay will be charged to your room bill
- As part of online check-in, a pre-authorisation of £25 may be held on your credit or debit card
- Final room bills will be available at online check-out on your last night’s stay
- Any payments made in person should be electronic – cash is no longer accepted at the resort. We accept all major credit and debit cards and have no limit on Apple Pay contactless payment.
St Michaels Spa & Health Club
- These facilities will be made available in accordance with government guidelines with strict capacities
- Changing rooms will be closed to hotel guests to enable social distancing; guests should use their in-room facilities
- A booking system will be used to select your preferred timeslot while limiting total capacity of each facility
Covid-secure crew customs
Priorities & procedures
Our usual procedures have been rebuilt from the ground up to ensure our crew delivers world-class service at all times, with improved hygiene levels a key practice.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards
- Hand Sanitisers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for crew and guest use. We provide the same hand sanitiser solution as NHS England
- Back office crew are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all crew are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards
Existing bookings and members
Transferring existing resort bookings
If you had a booking placed on hold during our period of closure, we would be delighted to rearrange your stay. When booking new dates, if you are transferring to a lower rate than you have already paid, we will refund the difference. If you move your booking to a higher-rate period, you will need to pay the outstanding balance.
Existing spa bookings
If you had a Spa booking placed on hold during our period of closure, your booking can now be moved to any date with availability in the 24 months following your original booking. If we are unable to honour the new date, your booking will be transferred again.
Health Club members
With the Health Club closed, member direct debits have been frozen until we are able to safely reopen. Keep an eye on the Facebook page for further updates https://www.facebook.com/stmichaelshealthclub/ and members will receive the news first via the member Facebook group and/or email.
If your event is coming up soon, please get in touch with our reservations team in the first instance.
During busy period t may take us a short while to attend to your query. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or call 01326 312 707.