Book with confidence
Get ready to feel good again
St Michaels Resort has developed the below blueprint for our operation in the ‘new normal’, taking the utmost care to look after our guests and crew as we emerge from the lockdown.
Following a close study of the government guidelines, these measures have been devised to provide our guests the confidence to book and stay with us.
As more guidance is delivered, these plans are sure to evolve, so please check back regularly to know what to expect during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Michaels soon, we promise it’s worth the wait.
New Normal Operational Blueprint
Version 1.0, published 5 May 2020
No-fuss flexi bookings
72-hour & 14-day cancellation options
Following the impact of the global lockdown, we have reviewed and refreshed our terms & conditions to ensure planning your future visit is a joy.
The new flexible rate
We have amended our flexible rate to give you even greater peace of mind.
- Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking
- Pay the balance 14 days prior to arrival
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund at least 72 hours prior to arrival
The new advance purchase rate
Our new advance purchase rate provides great savings and superb flexibility.
- Save up to 10% compared to the flexible rate
- Pay the full balance at the time of booking
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival
The benefits of booking direct
Book directly with St Michaels Resort to enjoy a transparent booking process with tangible benefits
- Best rate guaranteed
- Free welcome drinks voucher worth £10
- The chance to win back the cost of your stay
- No middlemen and only one set of clear terms & conditions
Managing concerns of a second lockdown
Our terms & conditions are clear. If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Where new dates cannot be agreed, we will refund the full value of your cancelled stay.
We continue to recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making your booking in case you need to cancel your forthcoming trip after the free cancellation period has elapsed.
Thinking of you
New measures for different scenarios
St Michaels has devised a range of measures that will enable our dedicated crew to deliver the luxurious St Michaels experience in accordance with government guidelines while providing the greatest comfort and safety to our guests.
- Electronic check in will be available prior to arrival to minimise time at the reception desk
- Guests enter via wide new entrance, opened in September 2018
- Guests may be allocated arrival timeslots
- While we will do our utmost to remove any queuing requirements, the reception desk has been repositioned to enable social distancing should different groups arrive at the same time
- Sanitised keys will be presented in envelopes, together with welcome letters explaining our new hygiene measures and room service menus
- A one-way system in all buildings ensures guests are able to walk around our public areas while social distancing from our crew and other guests
- Touch points across the resort and in rooms will be minimised and subject to a thorough cleaning programme
- Housekeeping will be tailored to your requirements – for instance, it can be provided only on request, with fresh linens and towels left outside guestrooms, or our usual, full service.
- Final bills will be shared overnight on your last night’s stay – allowing for any queries to be addressed by calling reception from your room
- Keys may then be returned via the express check out drop box
- Every guestroom is deep cleaned after each stay, while public areas and corridors will be sanitised twice daily
- Room service is available without charge for breakfast and dinner
- Room service for the bar is also available
- Should restaurants not be able to open due to government restriction, room service breakfast and dinner will be scheduled by room number
- Room service will be delivered to guestroom doors, with porters stepping back to maintain social distancing requirements
- Used crockery should be left outside room doors
- Dining times will be scheduled to enable two sittings for greater social distancing
- Reservations should be made ahead of time, together with your order
- Our restaurant and event space has been combined to create a larger space with tables suitably distanced
- Dishes will be presented under a cloche, with staff trained to minimise contact
- All payments during your stay will be charged to your room
- At check in, a pre-authorisation of £50 per person per night of your stay will be held on your credit or debit card
- Final bills will be shared overnight on your last night’s stay
- When the balance is within the pre-authorised sum held on your credit or debit card, this will be collected automatically
- Should the balance be of a greater amount, or if you have any queries, please call reception from your room
- Any payments made in person should be electronic – please note, St Michaels Resort sets no limit on Apple Pay contactless payment
St Michaels Spa & Health Club
- These facilities will be made available in accordance with government guidelines with strict capacities
- Changing rooms will be closed to hotel guests to enable social distancing; guests should use their in-room facilities
- A booking system will be used to select your preferred timeslot while limiting total capacity of each facility
New crew customs
Priorities & procedures
Our usual procedures have been rebuilt from the ground up to ensure our crew delivers world-class service at all times, with improved hygiene levels a key practice.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards
- Sanitizers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for crew and guest use
- Back office crew are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all crew are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards
- All employee temperatures are checked prior to commencing a shift