Spa and Health Club are now open, for pre-booked sessions only. The resort, including restaurants, remain temporarily closed in response to government restrictions with an expected reopening date of 17 May 2021.
A Covid-secure experience at St Michaels
Feel good again
St Michaels Resort is operating within a Covid-secure plan, following guidance from the government and taking the utmost care to look after our guests and crew in the coming months.
As guidance shifts, our plan will evolve. Please check back regularly to know what to expect during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Michaels.
Speak to our reservations team
Our reservations team are now available daily from 9am to 5pm (10am-4pm Sunday). If you have questions, observations or concerns please contact the team on 01326 312 707 or by email on email@example.com.
St Michaels Resort has been certified as AA Covid-confident, Covid-secure 'Good To Go' by Visit England and 'Safe Travel' certified by World Travel & Tourism Council.
Covid-secure operating plan
Version 4, updated 26 Feb 2021
This guidance relates to the February 2021 Covid government 'Reopening Businesses and Venues' roadmap which you'll find here. Whilst we make every effort to update our guidance please refer to government guidance for the most up-to-date information.
If your booking is for more than one household, across multiple rooms, you will be welcome to stay but there may be restrictions, as below:
YOUR STAY, DINING & DRINKING: from 17 May 2021
The resort will be open, with resrictions, and some areas may be closed under government guidance.
- you must practice social distancing at all times during your stay
- face coverings must be worn indoors unless seated for meals or drinks
- meals and drinks will be provided via table service
- breakfast time must be booked in advance for each day of your stay
- you may mix indoors in a group of 6 people, or 2 households
- groups of more than six are not permitted to mix indoors and will be seated separately for meals/drinks
- meals and drinks are available for room service at certain times, with a small surcharge.
HEALTH CLUB RESTRICTIONS: from 12 Apr 2021
- Health Club use is permitted, for single household bubbles, with social distancing
- Strict capacities are in place for swimming pool and gym and all visits must be pre-booked
- Face masks are required in all indoor settings except when training and the Rule Of Six must be observed
- Studio exercise classes are currently unavailable but some outdoor classes will be provided
- Steam room and sauna remain closed (expected reopening: 17 May 21)
- Changing Rooms are available (showers available for swimmers only until 17 May 21)
SPA RESTRICTIONS: from 12 Apr 2021
- Spa use is permitted, for single household bubbles, with social distancing
- Hydrothermal Pool, treatment rooms and beauty areas will be open
- Steam rooms, saunas and hot tub will remain closed (expected reopening: 17 May 21)
- Face masks are required in all indoor settings except when using facilities
- The Rule Of Six must be observed at all times
- Changing Rooms are available
- Food will be unavailable for spa visitors (we expect this to change from 17 May 21)
Please contact us if we can help or clarify in any way. Where restrictions require you to change your booking, we will be happy to amend or transfer your booking to another date in the future. Where changes to your booking are required, if the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the crew will be on hand to help.
No-fuss flexi bookings
7-day cancellation & 14-day transfer options
In the current environment we understand that plans are going to have to change occasionally. That’s why we’ve amended our booking policies to include no-fuss flexi bookings.
Lockdown Promise: further lockdowns? Your booking is safe.
If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment.
Our flexible rate provides additional peace of mind.
- Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking
- Pay the balance 14 days prior to arrival
- Modify or cancel your stay for a full refund at least 7 days prior to arrival
Advance Purchase rate
Our new advance purchase rate provides great savings and superb flexibility.
- Save up to 10% compared to the flexible rate
- Pay the full balance at the time of booking
- Modify your stay up to 14 days prior to arrival
For full details, see our terms and conditions. Don't worry, they're written in plain English.
The benefits of booking direct
Book direct with St Michaels Resort to enjoy a transparent booking process with tangible benefits
- Best rate guaranteed
- Free welcome drinks voucher worth £10
- No booking agent and only one set of clear terms & conditions
We continue to recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making your booking in case you need to cancel your forthcoming trip after the free cancellation period has elapsed.
Thinking of you
Our Covid-secure plan
We have devised a range of measures that will enable our dedicated crew to deliver the luxurious St Michaels experience in accordance with government guidelines while providing the greatest comfort and safety to our guests.
- Online check-in is available prior to arrival to minimise time at the reception desk
- Face coverings are mandatory in all public areas across the resort for guests and crew members, except when seated for food and drink or when using spa and Health Club facilities
- Guests may be allocated arrival timeslots during online check-in to minimise queuing
- The resort reception desk has been repositioned to enable social distancing
- One guest from each party will collect room keys from reception
- Sanitised keys will be presented in envelopes
- Social distancing floor and wall markers may be in place to assist guests
- If it becomes necessary, we are able to implement a one-way system across the resort
- Touch points across the resort and in rooms will be minimised and subject to regular cleaning
- One person at a time in toilets in resort public areas
- Housekeeping will be tailored to your requirements – for instance, it can be provided only on request, with fresh linens and towels left outside guestrooms, or alternatively our usual full service.
- Online check-out and final bills will be shared on your last night’s stay – allowing for any queries to be addressed by calling reception from your room
- With online check-out complete, keys may be returned to reception upon departure
- Every guest room is deep cleaned after each stay, while public areas and corridors will be sanitised throughout the day
- Room service is available at certain times
- Room service for the bar may also available
- Should restaurants not be able to open due to government restrictions, room service breakfast and dinner will be scheduled by room number
- Room service will be delivered under a cloche, to guestroom doors, with porters stepping back to maintain social distancing requirements
- Used crockery should be left outside room doors
Bar service and restaurant dining
- Restaurant and bar are open, for table service only. Please wear face covering until seated.
- Our bar and restaurant will close each evening in line with licensing restrictions issued by the government.
- Dining times will be scheduled to enable multiple sittings for greater social distancing.
- Reservations should be made ahead of time, together with your order.
- Our restaurant and event rooms has been combined to create a larger space with tables suitably distanced
- Staff have been trained to minimise contact.
- Information taken at time of reservation will be held in accordance with data guidance issued by the government and passed to NHS Test & Trace if required .
- All payments during your stay will be charged to your room bill.
- As part of online check-in, a pre-authorisation of £25 may be held on your credit or debit card.
- Final room bills will be available at online check-out on your last night’s stay.
- Any payments made in person should be electronic – cash is no longer accepted at the resort. We accept all major credit and debit cards and have no limit on Apple Pay contactless payment.
St Michaels Spa & Health Club
- These facilities will be made available in accordance with government guidelines, for pre-booked visits only, with strict capacities.
- We are currently unable to open certain facilities due to government guidelines. If you are unsure of current restrictions, please call ahead to discuss with our reservations crew.
- Changing rooms will be closed to hotel guests to enable social distancing; guests should use their in-room facilities.
- A booking system is being used to select your preferred timeslot while limiting total capacity of each facility.
Covid-secure crew customs
Priorities & procedures
Our usual procedures have been rebuilt from the ground up to ensure our crew delivers world-class service at all times, with improved hygiene levels a key practice.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards
- Hand Sanitisers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for crew and guest use.
- Back office crew are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all crew are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards
Hotel and spa bookings
Transferring existing resort bookings
Our terms and conditions set out the free cancellation periods for bookings made directly with St Michaels Resort. If we are required to temporarily close the resort for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment.
Resort bookings falling within Covid lockdowns
If you had a booking placed on hold during our periods of Covid-enforced closure we would be delighted to rearrange your stay. When booking new dates, if you are transferring to a lower rate than you have already paid, we will refund the difference. If you move your booking to a higher-rate period, you will need to pay the outstanding balance.
Existing spa bookings
If you had a Spa booking placed on hold during our period of closure, your booking can now be moved to any date with availability in the 24 months following your original booking. If we are unable to honour the new date, your booking will be transferred again.
If your event is coming up soon, please get in touch with our reservations team in the first instance.
During busy periods it may take us a short while to attend to your query. Please email us at email@example.com in the first instance, or call 01326 312 707.