St Michaels Spa Terms & Conditions
Our spa reception is open from 9am to 9pm. Spa treatments run from 9am to 7pm. Hydrothermal facilities can be accessed from 9am to 9pm. Later appointments are available on request and during school holidays.
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
Please contact the spa reception on 01326 369767 or book online via stmichaelsresort.com/spa. If you would like to know more about a particular treatment, we would be delighted to advise you on what best suits your needs. Please note that the full payment is required at the time of booking.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your experience
Hydrotherapy is the use of water to relieve discomfort and promote physical well-being. It is a therapeutic whole-body treatment that involves being massaged by air and water as well as moving and exercising in water; essentially physiotherapy in a pool. Our hydrotherapy pool is one of the largest, spa-based hydrotherapy pools in the UK and is heated to a constant 35 degrees centigrade. Our pool contains 21 hydrotherapy massage stations featuring 7 different treatment experiences – all targeting different muscle groups. A combination of the warm temperature, the water buoyancy and the range of different massage jets will leave you feeling wonderfully relaxed and rejuvenated. Then enjoy our steam experiences, including the world’s first Cornish sea salt room and a rainforest steam room, along with our glass-fronted bio sauna with selected herbs and botanicals, and our outside Finnish barrel sauna. Relax on our heated thermal loungers and unwind on the deck in our Japanese red cedar hot tub. Our journey includes experience showers with mists, rainfalls and torrents which wash away your cares.
1.1 Users of our hydrothermal pool indicate that they are over 18 years of age or accompanied by a responsible adult.
1.2 Hydrothermal pool users are using the pool and surrounding facilities at their own risk, and St Michaels is not liable for any accident or incident, especially those caused by user negligence.
DINING & ALLERGIES
St Michaels offers all spa guests the option to dine in the Brasserie on the Bay. We recommend that you make a reservation, so we can ensure that you dine at your preferred time and avoid any disappointment. Please call our friendly Sales Team to learn more and make a booking. Bathrobes and flip-flops can be worn in the Brasserie. If you suffer from any allergies, it is important to highlight these. We are happy to share product ingredient lists (some products may include traces of nuts). Reactions to non-disclosure of any medical conditions, or allergies will be the sole responsibility of the guest.
Reactions to non-disclosure of any medical conditions, or allergies will be the sole responsibility of the guest.
Lockers are provided in the dressing rooms for the use of members, hotel guests and day spa visitors. Please ensure that all valuables are secured. The Company will not be held responsible for unattended items.
Personal belongings are the responsibility of each member of the party, lockers are provided for your security. The Company accepts no liability for any accident, loss or damage to your property unless such loss is demonstrably due to our negligence. The Company and its employees will not be liable in any way for personal injury or death to any member or guest, except to the extent that such personal injury or death arises from the wilful act, neglect or default of the Company or any of its employed agents. By joining or using St Michaels Spa, guests/members accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Anyone failing to observe these Terms, Conditions and procedures may be required to leave the spa premises or be refused admission and no refunds will be given.
The St Michaels Resort car park is for the use of Hotel Residents only. Street parking and a public car park are available opposite the hotel.
ST MICHAELS HEALTH CLUB
The St Michaels Health Club is one of Cornwall’s leading wellbeing centres. With a 17m indoor pool (including sauna, steam room and experience showers), extensive gym and 3 dedicated fitness studios, offering over 100 instructor-led classes each week, guests can benefit from a wealth of expertise and the latest equipment. Access to the St Michaels Health Club is not included in any spa treatments/packages. Daily membership is available (subject to availability) and can be purchased online.
Health Club users use the equipment and swim facilities at their own risk and St Michaels resort is not liable for any accident or injury.
CANCELLATION AND LATE ARRIVALS
A 100% charge will be incurred for any treatment not cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the start of your booking. We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your treatment. Late arrival will shorten your treatment time. Groups of 3 or more or Spa Day bookings must be cancelled within 72 hours to avoid charges.
Treatments are available on completion of our health questionnaire. All treatments include a full consultation with the therapist. Please inform us at the time of booking if you have a heart condition, suffer from high/low blood pressure, are pregnant or have any physical ailments or allergies. The hydrotherapy pool and hydrothermal facilities are not available to pregnant guests; however we offer a selection of relaxing spa treatments for mums-to-be.
St Michaels is a cashless resort and cannot accept cash in the spa. All prices are quoted in GBP and are subject to change at any time. Gratuities are not included and are welcomed at your discretion. Card details and payment are taken at the time of booking. Additional purchases need to be paid for as you go, payment can be made by credit card (including Amex) or Apple Pay and contactless payments are accepted throughout the resort. If you are booking with a St Michaels Gift Voucher, please let us know at the time of booking, along with the voucher number. You will also need to bring an original copy of the voucher with you, failure to do so may result in treatment cancellation.
The spa may close for certain periods of time for necessary maintenance, redecoration, special events or any other reasons that the Company may think necessary. Notice of any changes will be displayed at the Spa reception. We will do our best to ensure that guests are not inconvenienced; however, there will be no allowance on membership fees during these periods.
If you have booked a treatment we suggest you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance so you can relax, unwind and have plenty of time to complete a consultation form. When enjoying a treatment we will protect your modesty and keep you warm. If preferred, disposable underwear is available on request.
Prices of treatments and memberships are correct at the time of publication but may change without notice with the exception of confirmed bookings. Confirmed bookings will not alter other that to reflect any changes in tax. Errors and omissions excepted.
General Spa Rules
1. Behaviour of day spa guests, members, resort guests and their visitors should not be excessive or rowdy, and must not cause annoyance, distress or embarrassment to fellow guests or staff. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to recover from the person making the booking discretionary compensation payment, or discount, that we may have to pay to any other guests, as a result of your actions, or member of your party. This includes damage to the building, fixtures, fittings and flood damage.
2. Access to the spa, including use of the changing facilities, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam rooms, experience showers, outdoor barrel sauna and hot tub is restricted to over 16s. Those aged between 4 and 17 are permitted to have certain treatments if accompanied by an adult and a disclaimer is signed.
3. Smoking is not allowed in any part of the Resort, including the spa and spa terrace.
4. We reserve the right to change or remove any of the treatments without notice, but we will do our best to suggest a suitable alternative.
5. Any of the spa or duty management team reserve the right to refuse any booking, without a reason necessarily being given.
6. All members are specifically advised not to undertake strenuous physical activity for which they might be medically unfit. The Company will not be in any way responsible for any harm which may come to a member as a result of their undertaking within the spa, any activity which is beyond their physical capability. Members should not use the facilities while under the influence of alcohol, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, narcotics or tranquillisers. Those with diabetes, heart disease or high/low blood pressure should check with their doctor that it is safe for them to use the spa's facilities.
7. Members and guests should be suitably attired whilst using the facilities. The Company shall not be liable for the consequences of any failure to comply.
8. The use of drinking glasses/crockery is not permitted outside the designated area.
9. In the interest of safety, running, jumping and diving are not permitted in the hydrotherapy pool. The use of snorkels, wetsuits, surf boards, flippers and balls are also prohibited.
10. Dogs are not permitted in the spa. Service dogs are allowed by pre-arranged appointment and notice only, restrictions may apply.
11. The company reserves the right to restrict the number of guests using the facilities at any one time.
a. Anyone wishing to become a member of The Spa should complete the official application form available from The Spa Reception.
b. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
c. Members benefits may change from time to time without notice at the discretion of the business.
d. All members are specifically advised not to undertake strenuous physical activity for which they might be medically unfit. The Company will not be in any way responsible for any harm which may come to a member as a result of their undertaking within the Leisure Area, any activity which is beyond their physical capability. Members should not use the facilities while under the influence of alcohol, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, narcotics or tranquilisers. Those with diabetes, heart disease or high/ low blood pressure should check with their doctor that it is safe for them to use the Spa's facilities.
e. Memberships at St Michaels Spa include:
i. Towels, robes and flip flops on arrival
ii. One 60-minute treatment per month
iii. One hydrothermal experience per week
iv. One skin lab per month
v. One rhassoul per month for 2 people
vi. 50% discount for guest hydrothermal experience (one guest per visit)
vii. 20% off retail products for you and your guest
viii. 10% off food and drink within the resort
ix. 15% off rooms - best rate available, subject to availability
x. 10% off spa days for you and your guest
xi. Exclusive first access to spa events
xii. Free Elemis gift on joining
xiii. 25% off all spa treatments
a. The Membership year will run on a month by month basis.
b. Annual subscriptions shall be such amounts as the Company in their sole discretion may determine from time to time.
c. Membership fees shall be paid either in full or by standing order on a basis of equal monthly payments which will be debited from the member's bank account on the 1st working day of every month. The member must then contact their bank to cancel the standing order when the contracted period comes to an end.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
a. If you wish to terminate your membership, you should do so in writing and are required to give a full month's notice. No refunds will be given by the spa.
b. If the Company feels at any time that the terms have been violated, the Company reserves the right to terminate the membership and no refund will be given.