Castle Beach is a short walk from St Michaels Hotel. Secluded, safe and super for snorkelling, here's our top ten facts about this popular Falmouth beach...
1. This gorgeous little site is the most northerly of the Falmouth beaches, sitting below the imposing Pendennis Point.
2. Castle Beach is an ideal spot for rock pooling, diving and snorkelling.
3. From here, you can gaze across to the Helford Passage and further afield to the Lizard Peninsula.
4. Pendennis Castle is a 16th century castle built by Henry VIII to defend the country against invasion.
The granite stronghold is perched on its headland and sits opposite its sister castle in St Mawes, making a powerful defence for the entrance to Falmouth harbour.
5. There is no beach car park, but there’s plenty of road parking nearby and a car park along Pendennis Point. Or if you’re staying with us, it’s just a 10 minute walk.
6. At high tide, the whole beach can be covered underwater, so be sure to time it right. Low tide will promise exposed rock pools to explore.
7. Stroll over to Castle Beach Café for pasties, paninis and ice-creams then kick back as you bask on their sun-deck.
8. Deck chairs can be hired so you can spend the afternoon relaxing with a good book.
9. Head away from the point end of the beach where rock pools merge into golden sand.
10. It’s a popular spot for locals and safe for children. Like Gyllyngvase beach, the dog ban is lifted at October so pooches can roam free on the beach until Easter.
I really liked the online check in, no room bills/pay as you go and easy check out….a really modern approach that works well.
The hotel is superb, with great spa / leisure facilities, right on the beach and only a short walk to town.
Thank you for making my birthday so special. Even though I’m local I felt like I was a 1000 miles away.
Wonderful hotel and Spa resort. Friendly and helpful staff, dog friendly even dog bed and treats in room, great food and ambience.
Had a lovely dinner last night in the restaurant with a voucher from Christmas. Warm atmosphere, great service and perfect food. Will definitely do it again
We had a free upgrade along with a lovely Birthday card for my Partner and a free cocktail for us both to celebrate! Such a lovely lovely gesture.
Excellent breakfast - such a good choice and very delicious. We also had THE best Sunday Roast and cocktails - Can't wait to return.